The Friend Zone

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 0 Comments A + a -

Author:  Kristen Callihan

Publish Date: May 6th 2015

Rating: FIVE GOLDEN STARS

Synopsis: Gray doesn't make friends with women. He has sex with them. Until Ivy. 

The last thing star tight-end Gray Grayson wants to do is drive his agent's daughter's bubblegum pink car. But he needs the wheels and she's studying abroad. Something he explains when she sends him an irate text to let him know exactly how much pain she'll put him in if he crashes her beloved ride. Before he knows it, Ivy Mackenzie has become his best texting bud. But then Ivy comes home and everything goes haywire. Because the only thing Gray can think of is being with Ivy. 

Ivy doesn't have sex with friends. Especially not with a certain football player. No matter how hot he makes her...

Gray drives Ivy crazy. He's irreverent, sex on a stick, and completely off limits. Because, Ivy has one golden rule: never get involved with one of her father's clients. A rule that's proving harder to keep now that Gray is doing his best to seduce her. Her best friend is fast becoming the most irresistible guy she's ever met.

Which means Gray is going to have to use all his skills to win Ivy's heart. Game on.


Review: Holy Jesus. I honestly can't think of anything to say other than that I absolutely loved The Friend Zone. Like *heart eyes*, heart pumping so hard, *dreamy sigh*, extremities tingling loved this book. If this book was a person, I would want to marry him and have sex with him everyday. Guys, even with those descriptions, I don't think y'all understand how much I loved this book. Just know, this book is perfect.

Gray and Ivy were on a whole other level.
From the prologue, I was smiling and laughing and just knew this book was going to be at the top of all my lists. Their banter and the way they acted around each other was beautiful. What I loved was that they started off as friends. Not just any "friends" but they were the kind of BEST FRIENDS that when they talk to each other they can't help but spill their guts. Since before their meeting, their relationship was based off of trust and nothing else. Through messages they lifted each other up and made each other's day. But besides when they were together it was when they were apart that I fell in love with them even more.

Ivy is, in a sense, jaded. Her father is a sports agent and her mother is a baker. If you're asking me that just seems like too much opposite doesn't attract for long. Seeing her father go off so many times either for work or something else made her think that she may not be enough. Besides that, her relationship with her sister was so on point. There are times when the only person you can turn to is family, because they understand you the most and that's what Ivy does. If anything, that's what makes her character even more believable, that's what makes this book even more believable.

Gray is sort of like the injured dog you see at an animal shelter, he's just waiting to be loved and cared for. He has gone through so much in his younger years that the way he behaves and thinks is his way of coping. He cares for everyone, pretty much like a Mama Bear for all the football players that you can't help but fall in love with.

The writing was poetic and had me anxiously wanting more. If you've read the Hook Up, be prepared to swoon harder and fall in love quicker. Because, dare I say it, The Friend Zone is almost a thousand times better.

Seriously I need a paperback version of this book and I usually don't buy PB of ebooks that I have. THAT SHOWS MUCH LOVED IT.

DESPERATELY NEEDING DEX'S BOOK RIGHT NOW
-Vangie
Philippians 2:4
P.S. Tell me what I have to do to get Dex in my hands!
P.P.S. These covers are A+ times a million

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}