Missing Dixie

Thursday, October 29, 2015 2 Comments A + a -

I'd like to say that's it's a given when a book has you reading til 5 o'clock in the morning that it's worth all the stars. Missing Dixie is no exception.
(Click on cover for summary on Goodreads).


I'll say this right now... Warning: It will be in all caps to better express my emotions. 
IF YOU HAVE NOT READ LEAVING AMARILLO OR LOVING DALLAS THEN I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING WITH YOUR LIFE BECAUSE YOU NEED TO READ THIS SERIES. IT WILL DESTROY AND SAVE YOUR LIFE. Okay since that's done where was I?

Every word that is written in this book will pull a cord on your heart, and it will be either be a good thing or a bad thing or possibly both. With Missing Dixie, you get Dixie and Gavin's story. You see the struggle of trying to better yourself for someone you love and you see the struggle of seeing someone you love try to better themselves when they really don't need to. Now let me try to make that clearer. Gavin loves Dixie and Dixie loves Gavin. As you read this book, you realize that one person doesn't love the other person more. Their love is like a river always flowing with rocks in the way but still pushing through.

This is usually where I would write about Gavin and Dixie individually, but I'd really love for you as a reader to have your own view about them. All I can say is that they are strong and loyal. And they are oh so beautiful characters.

Caisey Quinn's writing is amazing, never forget that. She wrote something painful and made it beautiful and hopeful and made me feel more emotion than I ever would have been. Her writing captivates you, makes you feel hope and joy in the midst of tearing your heart apart, and you'll love every minute of it.

Caisey, if you reading this I just want to thank you for writing such an amazing series that perfectly depicts the struggle of love but how worth while it is. Thank YOU for amazing character that make me feel and think. Thank YOU for these books.

Reluctantly saying goodbye to Dixie, Gavin, and Dallas... I love y'all
-Vangie
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
FIVE GOLDEN STARS

P.S. I'm just going to leave this here.

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}

2 comments

Write comments
October 29, 2015 at 10:06 AM delete

I love this. All of this. Every word of this. Thank you. Heart you to the moon and back! <3

Reply
avatar
October 29, 2015 at 2:36 PM delete

No, thank YOU! You're words were beautiful

Reply
avatar