Chasing River

Thursday, July 16, 2015 0 Comments A + a -

Author: K.A. Tucker

Published Date: July 6th, 2015

Rating: 3.5 Stars

Synopsis:
Armed with two years’ worth of savings and the need to experience life outside the bubble of her Oregon small town, twenty-five-year old Amber Welles is prepared for anything. Except dying in Dublin. Had it not been for the bravery of a stranger, she might have. But he takes off before she has the chance to offer her gratitude.

Twenty-four-year-old River Delaney is rattled. No one was supposed to get hurt. But then that American tourist showed up. He couldn’t let her die, but he also can’t be identified at the scene—so, he fled. Back to his everyday life of running his family’s pub. Only, everyday life is getting more and more complicated, thanks to his brother, Aengus, and his criminal associations. When the American girl tracks River down, he quickly realizes how much he likes her, how wrong she is for him. And how dangerous it is to have her around. Pushing her away would be the smart move.

Maybe it’s because he saved her life, or maybe it’s because he’s completely different from everything she’s left behind, but Amber finds herself chasing after River Delaney. Amber isn’t the kind of girl to chase after anyone.

And River isn’t the kind of guy she’d want to catch.


Review:
This was a really enjoyable read.
I think the fact that I gave up sleep for this book affirms how enjoyable it was. Like almost every book there are points where you're like "hmmm I don't know about that," and this one wasn't excluded. Besides those moments I actually had lots of fun with River and Amber.
What I loved most about this book was that KA Tucker included the fact that Amber might like River simply because of the fact that he saved her. My dad once told me, "If you help someone in/with their life, they're bound to have some feelings for you," and I like how that was portrayed in this book. Because it is true, believe me. That with a mix of attraction and a sense of loyalty was what made this story.
River, oh how I loved River, at times. There are moments where you become so frustrated with him because of his loyalty. Yes, it is admirable, but when someone has burned you over multiple times, it's a sign to cut ties. K.A. Tucker depicts that struggle so well that I have to give her a round of applause.
Amber was admirable. She's a stickler to the rules and her struggle to be someone different for at least a little bit was very apparent. There was a scene in the book where Amber finds out a few things about her family, and what I loved most about it was that it goes to show that even at an age where one should know everything there is to know about their family there are still skeletons in the closet. When she finds out a few of those secrets and other secrets about River her reaction is pretty much how everyone would react but she took her time and actually she thought about it.

The writing in Chasing River was believable. The characters had depth, the setting was beautiful, and the history that was acknowledged was meritorious. It's not often that I see concise research in a book and again for that ALL THE APPLAUSE to K.A. Tucker.

Give me all of K.A. Tucker books!
-Vangie
Ephesians 5:19
P.S. THAT BEDTIME STORY GOT ME SO HARD IN THE FEELS. Gah lee man I was an ocean of tears at 4 o'clock in the dang morning trying to stay quiet while every one was sleeping. Gee man I loved that story soooo dang much, I'm crying just thinking about it.

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}