Mini-Reviews of books read in June!

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 0 Comments A + a -

This past month was not the most book reader friendly for me. It was a struggle for me to get through anything really but there were a few books that I was able to complete. However, I didn't have time to do full reviews, so here a mini reviews of the books I read in June (again there wasn't a lot read).

Carry Me Home by Lia Riley
LOOOOOVED IT.
Woah. Every time Lia writes a book I immediately fall in love with both characters because they have so much depth. And even though this is a novella, Lia still impacts so much into these characters to the point where you actually see them as a person sitting right next to you. One would think that such depth in characters in such a short novel would be unbearable but I'd love them to read this novella because Tanner and Sunny are so darn believable. Everything about this book was beautiful and you desperately urge you to read this series if you haven't.




Fairest by Marissa Meyer
This was insane. When I bought Fairest, I thought, "Okay. We're going to understand the inner workings of Queen Levana. This is going to be good."
And it was good BUT OH MY GOSH WAS IT CRAZY. I didn't know what I was getting into. From reading Cinder, Scarlet and Cress I had a very strong dislike for Levana and reading this reinstated that dislike BUT the absurd thing is that I really enjoyed her character too. (For that I give props to Marissa Meyer). There were happy moments and sad moments and pitiful moments and gah lee man Meyer made me feel all the feels. Fairest is more enlightening than anything else. It helps you understand almost exactly what is going on and why it is (but that's also if you've read the other books which I HIGHLY SUGGEST).
 
With hopefully a lot more books to be read
-Vangie
Joshua 1:9

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}