Ryker

Thursday, September 10, 2015 0 Comments A + a -

Publish Date: September 8th 2015

Rating: 4.5 Stars

Synopsis:
The stakes have never been higher for Carolina Cold Fury goalie Ryker Evans. With his contract running out, he’s got a year left to prove he’s still at the top of his game. And since his wife left him, Ryker has been balancing life as a pro-hockey star and a single parent to two daughters. Management is waiting for him to screw up. The fans are ready to pounce. Everybody’s taking dirty shots—except for the fiery redhead whose faith in Ryker gives him a fresh start.

As the league’s only female general manager, Gray Brannon has learned not to mix business with pleasure. And yet even this tough, talented career woman can’t help breaking her own rules as she gives Ryker everything she’s got. She hopes their hot streak will last forever, but with Ryker’s conniving ex plotting to reclaim her man, the pressure’s on Gray to step up and save a tender new love before it’s too late.


Review: 
Holy Lord Jesus, Ryker was a freaking roller coaster. From the atmosphere to the characters, every aspect about this book was fantastic. I give all the praise to Sawyer Bennett for writing such a believable story with so much heart.
I seem to be blown away every time I read a Cold Fury book. I think, "Bennett can't possibly write a better story than she did before," and time and time again I've gladly been proven wrong. Guys, you don't understand how amazing Ryker and Gray story is or how much I fell in love with them and everyone around them.

We were first introduced to Ryker in Zack and instantly I fell in love with the guy. Finally being able to get inside his head WAS SO DARN WONDERFUL. Seeing the unconditional love he has for his kids and for his friends endeared me to him a million times more. He's a very strong man, both physically and mentally. What I loved most about Ryker was that he is not a very secretive person when it comes to his emotions, but the fact that he willingly decides to be in a relationship secretly with Gray shows how much he truly loves her. GUYS ALL THE FREAKING FEELS FOR THESE TWO.

Now Gray. Oh my fudging gosh, Gray is an inspiration to all. She is her own person. Yeah, some will say that she has achieved so much because of her dad but who cares that she may have used help along the way?! It's the fact that her father moved her up in the company BECAUSE he knew that she could AND would get the job done, if you ask me that's not nepotism at all. Gray's independence, her strength, and simply just her was addictive. Bennett never fails to write amazing female characters.

Guys seriously, this book, heck this series, is amazing. I hope to God this isn't the last Cold Fury book (MAX PLEASE) because I desperately don't want to say goodbye to this amazing world. The cameos from previous characters made me cry, Ryker and Gray made me feel so much pain, and gah lee man the book was perfect. You need to hop into this series if you haven't already because you will die with the stunning characters that are in Alex, Garret, Zack, and Ryker.


With more books to be read
-Vangie
2 Corinthians 5:7 
Check out the reaction post for this book here.

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}