Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

Thursday, May 19, 2016 0 Comments A + a -

I don't even know what to say for this review. Can I just say that it was beautiful and you end up buying it, borrowing it from a friend, or getting it from the library? Because IT IS BEAUTIFUL AND YOU SOMEHOW NEED IT IN YOUR HANDS.

This is my first time reading a book by this author and guys, I was blown away. If you love Sarah Dessen or Stephanie Perkins then you need to get this book and I'm sure all her other books. This book very much so has an Anna & The French Kiss vibe and I couldn't help but love it more.

Since You've Been Gone is as heart-warming as it is heartbreaking. It shows the beautiful innocence of friendships as well as the hardships.
This book gives you the sweet smelling flowers and sunshine with a dose of heavy rain that give those flowers what they need to grow. Hopefully, I'm making sense here since my mind is not fully functioning since I finished the book at 5 in the morning. But what I'm trying to say is that this book is real, from making friendships to them leaving and sometimes coming back.

Now the characters are so relatable. From the ever shy Emily to the quiet but trusting Dawn. Every girl as some point is Emily. We are all trying to find our confident side, granted some of us don't have a list but the idea is still the same. As our journey of finding our confidence comes it play it's almost impossible to not attract people during the ride. And that's what happened with Emily and her new friends. I'm not going to go into too much detail about the characters since this isn't my writing class nor do you want a character analysis. But I will say that each of these characters work together like a puzzle that Frank is so fond of. They bring out something in each other and that's all you can ask for when you have so many characters in a book and you don't want anyone to go to the back burner. So for that I praise Ms. Matson on her amazing writing and characters.

Guys, I said it earlier and I'm saying it again. If you're a lover of contemporary books then you need to have this book. I feel so bad that I've had it on my shelf for pretty much two years before finally picking it up. SO MUCH WASTED TIME. DON'T WASTE TIME LIKE ME, GET THE BOOK AND READ THE HELL OUT OF IT. Then come talk to me.

 With all my money going toward Morgan Matson now
-Vangie
4/5 Stars
Proverbs 27:17

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}