Mini-Review Compilation: YA edition Part 3

Thursday, June 23, 2016 0 Comments A + a -

Heyo guys! So a few days ago I posted my forth compilation of NA but I need to spread the word about some of the YA books I've read as well, So here is part 3 of my YA compilation. (Most of them will probably involve a lot of caps. You've been warned.)

Click on the title if you want to read the synopsis on Goodreads

What If by Rebecca Donovan
3.5/5 Stars
I really don't know what to say. This book was interesting to say the least. I really shouldn't say anything other than that you should go in knowing absolutely nothing. Don't try to guess what happens because you'll most likely be wrong. Just go in freely.
This whole book is an interesting concept though I felt like there were some faults in it. It's sad to say that it took finally knowing the full story that the faults made sense. Over all this book is a great read and really thought/emotional provoking.

Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
4/5 Stars
GUYS. I FUDGING NEED THE BEAUTY OF DARKNESS WITH A FIERY PASSION OF A BILLION SUNS.
You can't leave me hanging like that you simply can't. I honestly can't think right now and I have class in ten minutes and I don't know how Mary E. Pearson expects me to pay attention when I don't know what's happening to my LOVES! 
Besides me rocking back and forth in a corner know this book is beyond amazing. You know how sometimes sequels don't measure up to the first book? Believe me when I say you don't have to worry about that with this book nor do you have to worry about a love triangle (I know, praise the lord). The world that were introduced in this book is both haunting and beautiful and Pearson does an amazing job of writing this world with such vivid images. The characters are in a whole other ball game and it was so wonderful seeing them stay the same and yet grow exponentially (if that makes sense). The twists and each chapter ending will leave you desperately wanting more and then THE LAST FREAKING CHAPTER WILL LEAVE YOU DYING AND COME BACK TO LIFE AS A ZOMBIE NEEDING MORE.
Guys it was so beautiful. The words and these characters are going to stay with me for days.

Vicious by V.E. Schwab
4.5 Stars
Woah. I honestly did not know what to expect from this book when I picked it up. I heard a multitude of great things from other readers and thought that I had to read it for myself. 
I. Was. Blown. Away. From the writing to the characters to the characters' depth and motivation/development, everything was phenomenal. There was a lot side characters that are introduced and all of them and believe me when I say all of them have a huge part in the story. No character was left behind. The whole plot and the journey Schwab takes us through reminded me of Neal Shusterman's books, i.e. amazing,  and that is probably the biggest compliment I can give to V.E. Schwab.

Filling this summer with a lot of YA books
-Vangie
Romans 5:10

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}