Becoming Rain

Thursday, February 26, 2015 0 Comments A + a -

Title: Becoming Rain

Author: K.A. Tucker

Publish Date: March 3rd 2015

Rating: 3.5/4 Stars

Synopsis: Luke Boone doesn't know exactly what his uncle Rust is involved in but he wants in on it—the cars, the money, the women. And it looks like he's finally getting his wish. When Rust hands him the managerial keys to the garage, they come with a second set—one that opens up the door to tons of cash and opportunity. Though it's not exactly legal, Luke's never been one to worry about that sort of thing. Especially when it puts him behind the wheel of a Porsche 911 and onto the radar of gorgeous socialite named Rain.

Clara Bertelli is at the top of her game—at only twenty-six years old, she's one of the most successful undercover officers in the Washington, DC, major crime unit, and she's just been handed a case that could catapult her career and expose one of the West coast's most notorious car theft rings. But, in order to do it, she'll need to go deep undercover as Rain Martines. Her target? The twenty-four-year-old nephew of a key player who appears ready to follow in his uncle's footsteps.

As Clara drifts deeper into the luxurious lifestyle of Rain, and further into the arms of her very attractive and charming target, the lines between right and wrong start to blur, making her wonder if she'll be able to leave it all behind. Or if she'll even want to.
Add to Goodreads!

Review: At the time I am writing this, it is one AM on a school night, and I "forgot" about my essay that's due this week to finish this baby. Worth. It. (Also, since it's one AM, I'm pretty sure there will be grammar and spelling mishaps, and I'll be too lazy to revise, so bare with me).

I will say this from the get go, I did not believe there was ever going to be a HEA for these two. Y'all would think I'd be the hopeless romantic and hope for that heavenly HEA, but, come on, the odds were stacked against them. I thought surely they couldn't go all the way. And they didn't, but then they did. It's not your typical HEA but it's one nonetheless.

The whole premise of Becoming Rain had be intrigued. A female cop? How can I object to that?! Undercoverness AND a really cute guy??? How could I ask for more?! But on a serious note (or as serious as one can be at one AM), this book amazed me.

That's not to say that this suspense novel was really "suspenseful." All the clues were given if you were looking for them, but if you weren't then you're in for quite a few surprises. Becoming Rain amazed me because of one of its characters: Clara.

But let's talk about Luke first. I really did like the guy, but I didn't love him, at least not as much as I loved Clara (seriously, she would be my #womancrushwednesday). He had his redeeming qualities which I really adored, but for the most part I felt worried and sorry for the guy. He was so out of the loop and then everything started falling apart and I just wanted to give him a huge bear hug. But also high five Clara.

Clara. Clara. Clara. (Was it only me that said Clara the same way Doctor says it? [Doctor from Doctor Who if you couldn't figure that out]). I freaking loved Clara. She's goal oriented, but also has a life. She wants to succeed in life and knows the commitment it takes. However, she knows that obstacles, whether beneficial or not, get in the way. For the most part, she's confident in the direction she's going, but also scared shitless (I mean seriously who wouldn't be in her situation). How she dealt with half the actions that go on in this book baffles me but not because it doesn't make sense, but the opposite. I saw how much time she put in for one step. I'm so used to woman going irrational in smaller circumstances than Clara's. I couldn't help but admiregher for her straight-headedness  (that's a word right?). Other than letting emotions rule her sexual life, Clara is very much a role model when it comes to her career.

Becoming Rain was intriguing. I wanted to know how this story would play out from the first chapter. I felt for each character,  as well as easily felt how they were feeling. Clara is awesome and Luke is great. Also it was really enjoyable seeing old characters come back. If you want awesome female character and a little suspense in your life, grab this book.

I need Chasing River in my hands
-Vangie
Proverbs 15:16

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}