The Deal

Thursday, March 05, 2015 0 Comments A + a -

Author: Elle Kennedy

Publish Date: February 24th 2014

Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Synopsis:
She’s about to make a deal with the college bad boy... 

Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she’s carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush’s attention, she’ll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice…even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date. 

...and it’s going to be oh so good. 

All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he’s worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he’s all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn’t take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn’t going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.

Add to Goodreads!


Review: My friend Ashley told me about this book about a week before its release pretty much saying that I had to read it. Guys, I never turn down her recommendations. So on Wednesday morning (more like 1 AM), when I had just finished writing a review for another book & not feeling sleepy, I bought this beauty.

Of course I read the synopsis before actually buying the book to see if I'd be interested. Guys I was already flailing FROM THE SYNOPSIS. Two things: 1) Fake Relationship tropes are my ABSOLUTE favorite (I don't know exactly why but they are) & 2) I have fallen in love with sports romance that involve hockey (honestly I'm good for all/any sports romance but hockey has a special place in my heart). GUYS I HAD TO BUY IT. THERE WAS NO CHOICE.

Let me just come out and say that this book rocked my socks off. I LOST SLEEP OVER IT. I stayed up til five in the morning, on a school night mind you, because 1) I wanted to know how this would all play out and 2) I couldn't get enough of the heroine, Hannah.

Hannah is probably my favorite character of the year so far. As soon as I read the first line, I said "Preach!" Everything Hannah thought I agreed with because THOSE ARE MY THOUGHTS TO THE T. Hannah has a bright head on her shoulders, she's blunt, she takes no shit and she's feisty as hell. Honestly, how can you not love her within the first chapter? But my absolute favorite characteristic about Hannah is that she doesn't let what happen in the past affect her three years later. She's learned to cope with what when on and for the most part move on.

Now Garrett is his own amazing intricate character. He's the character that you think has no problems and is care free, but once we take a closer look it's obvious how nothing is as it seems. As Hannah starts getting more involved with his life we see how flawed he is and how flawed she is. But that's not to mean that "flawed" is a bad this, everyone is flawed.

One aspect of Hannah and Garrett's relationship is that it is so unconventional. People believe Garrett to be more about the hook up than the actual relationship, he just needed to find that one person that he can trust with his life to open up. Hannah herself had list of what she wanted in a guy (who didn't at one point in their lives?). Upon becoming actual friends with Garrett than having something a little more, she realized that no one is ever going to match her list and that as she gets closer to Garrett a new list forms of what she wants; she never would have thought of anything to add to that new list if it wasn't for meeting someone else. We think we know what we want in our lives but in the end, we really don't.

The Deal was seriously amazing. I thought I knew what to expect when I bought this book, but I didn't. It isn't your typical fake relationship or even a typical relationship (I would know, I've read many). Quite honestly, The Deal was a breath of fresh air.
And after two weeks from finishing this book, I'm still gushing about these loveable characters (all the daily). They never cease to make me smile.

I really need the next book in this series in my hands!
-Vangie
Proverbs 21:2

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}