Mini-Review: Second Position

Monday, April 20, 2015 0 Comments A + a -

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this book but they mainly swayed toward the good side of feelings.

It took me a lot longer than I thought it would to read Second Position. My goal was to have this review up on Thursday, but it seems as if every time that I tried reading I would end up falling asleep. That's either because I would pick the book up at 10PM or because the syntax was lyrical. I'm betting on the latter.

The writing wasn't the best nor was it bad. It's a lot different from what I'm used to and that took a while to get into. Once I got the hang of the sway, I started to really appreciate the writing and enjoy the story. Katherine Locke's writing is very straight forward and to the point and yet somehow unclear at the same time. I couldn't help but love that.

Aly and Zed were something else together. From the very first chapter you know there is something deep and confusing about the two. Throughout the book you realize how very little you know about these characters. It's like looking at a glacier, we only see the tip when there's so much more that we don't see. That's a lot how Aly and Zed are, especially Aly.

We see Aly's problems, we're witnesses of her actions because of her condition and yet we don't really understand why. In Second Position it does say why, don't get me wrong, but it fells like there are more reasons than what's being told to us or maybe it's just me wanting to know more.

Second position is a great read. But you kind of have to be in the mood to read it because it's not all rainbows and sunshine.


With more books to be read
-Vangie
1 Peter 3:14
4/5 Stars

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}