Take A Chance By Abbi Glines

Friday, March 14, 2014 0 Comments A + a -


"I'm not leaving this time. When you get tired of me, you'll have to force me out."
Title: Take A Chance

Author: Abbi Glines

Published: February 25th 2014

Rating: 3.5/5 stars

Summary: 

When Harlow Manning's rocker father goes on tour, he sends her to Rosemary Beach, Florida, to live with her half-sister, Nan. The problem: Nan despises her. Harlow has to keep her head down if she wants to get through the next nine months, which seems easy enough. Until gorgeous Grant Carter walks out of Nan's room in nothing but his boxer briefs.

Grant made a huge mistake getting involved with a girl with venom in her veins. He'd known about Nan's reputation, but still he couldn't resist her. Nothing makes him regret the fling more than meeting Harlow, who sends his pulse racing. Yet Harlow wants nothing to do with a guy who could fall for her wicked half-sister even if there are no strings between Grant and Nan. Grant is desperate to redeem himself in Harlow's eyes, but did he ruin his chances before he even met her?


My Review:

 Oh Gosh. Call me tomato face because I was blushing the whole way through. Not because of the "intimacy" going on pretty much in every chapter, but because this couple was just so darn adorable, when they weren't avoiding each other. This book was enjoyable to say the least. I can honestly say that I did an all nighter reading this book. I had been waiting to get paid to buy this book and once I was I bought it right off the back. Now when I bought it it was around midnight, and there I was contemplating whether I could wait a few hours to read it or not. I think you can guess what I chose.  And though I have gone through CUPS of coffee, I'm so glad I did it.
"The world was full of idiots."
 Now my favorite part... The characters. All I can say is that I can relate to Harlow on so many levels, including the illness one. Harlow is that one character in a book where the reader can relate to the most, and that's when you know the author put a lot of work into a book, when you feel as if you are the character.
"He brushes her hair."
You've no idea how long I've waited to get into Grant's head. He was my absolute favorite character in Fallen Too Far and every book after that; I was giddy every time he was in a scene. I could get enough of him. And this book. GOSH this book was heaven for me. Grant was such a well developed character that even I fell in love with him even more, which I wouldn't have thought possible. The reasons for his actions were valid. Okay scratch that, MOST of the reasons behind his actions were valid. 
"Why should I live like I'm dead?"
This book showed how even though the guy may seem tough from the outside, there is a point to where he is insecure and that best describes Grant and Kiro; honestly, it describes the whole book in general. You'll understand once you read it, which you should. This is one of the best books Abbi has written so far, but that may be biased probably because Grant is just, well, Grant. How can you not love him, even through he has a thick head (pun intended).  

With more books to be read
-Vangie

Proverbs 3:3


Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}