Unbreakable by Kami Garcia

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 0 Comments A + a -



Title: Unbreakable 

Author: Kami Garcia 


Published: October 1st 2013


My rating: 3.5/5 stars 


Summary:



I never believed in ghosts. Until one tried to kill me.

When Kennedy Waters finds her mother dead, her world begins to unravel. She doesn't know that paranormal forces in a much darker world are the ones pulling the strings. Not until identical twins Jared and Lukas Lockhart break into Kennedy’s room and destroy a dangerous spirit sent to kill her. The brothers reveal that her mother was part of an ancient secret society responsible for protecting the world from a vengeful demon — a society whose five members were all murdered on the same night.

Now Kennedy has to take her mother’s place in the Legion if she wants to uncover the truth and stay alive. Along with new Legion members Priest and Alara, the teens race to find the only weapon 
that might be able to destroy the demon — battling the deadly spirits he controls every step of the way.



My thoughts: 

Wow. Kami did it again. Honestly when I heard that she was writing another series I was a little lax. I thought the Caster Chronicles were amazing and that nothing could top that. I was proven wrong, Unbreakable was less than a millimeter away from succeeding and oh how I loved it. 
" I understood how it felt to be broken when everyone around you was whole."


This book was fast paced. I ended up staying up to four in the morning, mainly because I was so immersed in this book that I was completely unaware of the time going on in reality. The story line was awesome. Well, to some people the subject of this novel is a little off putting; however, if you were ever a fan of Supernatural, you will absolutely love this book, so go grab it, like now. You won't regret it.
"May the black dove always carry you."


Now the characters. THE CHARACTERS! GAH I loved them all. Priest, I just want to marry you. Jared I love you a million times over. Lukas, you were just adorable. Alara, you are fudging badbutt. And Kennedy, just stop with the conflicting feelings! I still love you though *millions of hugs*. 

The characters weren't all well rounded but Kami gives you the bare minimum just to keep you tagging along with the story, and believe me, you do.

THE ENDING. GAH!?!?!? I just. WHY . I need the second book right now KAMI. But I will bide my time hoping that in the next one there is SOME sunshine! 



With more books to be read, ADIOS
-Vangie

John 16:22

P.S. Sorry for all the caps.

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}