Facade by Nyrae Dawn

Friday, April 25, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

“One of us deserves that bullshit storybook ending.”
Title: Facade

Author: Nyrae Dawn

Publish Date: July 2nd 2013

My Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Summary: 
After her father commits a crime that shatters her family, eighteen-year-old Delaney Cross is tired of pretending everything is alright. Packing up her car, she sets out to find the people her father hurt. Her search leads her to places she's never been--and into the arms of Adrian Westfall. 

To the outside world, Adrian is a sexy, charming ladies man. But his playboy persona is just an act. Secretly his soul is tortured by a memory too painful to share. Only Delaney seems to see through his façade to the real man underneath. And for the first time in his life, Adrian feels he can begin to open up about his past.

Together, Adrian and Delaney share a passionate, carefree love they never expected to find. Yet both still harbor their own secrets. When the dark truth is finally revealed, will it bring them closer together, or tear them apart forever? 


My Review: 
“Life doesn’t work like dreams…”
Wow. This book was spectacular. I can honestly say it exceeded my expectations.  I feel in love with Adrian within the first few pages of opening the book. I loved Delaney's heart and her conscience that motivated her journey throughout his book. Though I was yelling at her the whole time to tell what need to be told. (GAH I was going ballistic).
“I won’t let you go,” I say, though we both know eventually I will.”
Their relationship's journey was sweet. GAH THE DINER. It makes me want to work in a diner in hopes of finding me a guy though I doubt I'll be a skilled waitress.
“We all deal with our pain in a different way, I realize.”
HOLY SHUCKS THE FREAKING LITTLE PLOT TWIST. Okay I can say that I thought that was going to happen but I didn't think Nyrae Dawn would actually go through with it. And I'm really glad she did, but also looking back at the story the twist was really needed. It explains the emotions that sway a certain character just the right way. Which makes this book even more perfect.
“I’ll be just fine, with these people in my life, and for him, I’ll be okay.”
This book is just too cute, though there are times where you just want to go crazy and try to snap some sense into a good number of these character. I highly suggest this book, and if you've yet read the first book in this series (Charade) go read it, like right now. 
“I’m ready to let myself sink”

With more books to be read
-Vangie

Isaiah 43:25

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}