Masquerade by Nyrae Dawn

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

“I want you to mark me.”
Title: Masquerade

Author: Nyrae Dawn

Publish Date: January 7th 2014 

My rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Summary: 
A biker. A tattoo artist. A love to last a lifetime.

Maddox Cross has always had to be tough. When his father went to jail for murder, the teenager took care of his sister and mother. Now on his own and working security at a night club, Maddox wants to become a tattoo artist-a dream that comes closer to reality when he falls for the hottest, most tatted woman he's ever seen. She's wild and beautiful, and Maddox will do anything to be with her.

Bee Malone came to town to open up her new tattoo parlor, Masquerade. Since being kidnapped as a young girl, Bee has had trouble getting close to anyone. But when she meets Maddox, she sees that under his hard biker's body is the sensitive soul of an artist. What starts out as a sizzling one-night stand soon becomes so much more.

Bee wants Maddox to join her tattoo business, but letting him into her life means revealing all her most intimate secrets. And as the past begins to intertwine with her present, Bee fears their love may not be as permanent as their ink... 


My Review:
“If you can’t handle getting shit, you really don’t belong here.”

Maddox was introduced in the second book of this series, Facade. Before I knew there was a third book, I knew I needed more of Maddox. And boy was I glad to know there was this beauty.
“Bad things happen all the time and overthinking them has never done shit to change anything.”
Maddox has problems, like major problems. Bee also has major problems. Their relationship is almost like "you have problems, I have problems, I think we're kind of meant to be together" kinds of relationship. Im not saying that bad , but it's cliche, but then again when isn't anything cliche. That's what makes a book fun to read.
“How can you love someone you don’t know?”
Nyrae wrote Maddox so intently yet vaguely that you honestly didn't know whether he was going to blow or not (pun intended). She wrote Bee the same way , you never knew what would tick her off. And that may have been what drew me in. These character were unpredictable when it came to each other; they were beautiful, ticking time bombs when you put them in the same room. It was because they were so similar that they felt sanctuary in each other's embrace. 
“Because when I’m around it, I feel more like myself than I probably ever have.”
Now, if that right there hasn't caught your attention then I don't know what will. If you haven't jumped on this band wagon then I highly suggest that you should, because this series is an adventure in an amusement park.
“‘It’s nothing.’ But both of us know it’s everything.”

With more books to be read
-Vangie

John 10:10

P.S. I really want a tattoo now. I'm not playing. Thanks Nyrae.

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}