Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Thursday, April 10, 2014 0 Comments A + a -



"I will not be afraid."
Title: Throne of Glass

Author: Sarah J. Maas


Published Date: August 12th 2012


My rating: 4.5/ 5 Stars


Summary:

In a land without magic, where the king rules with an iron hand, an assassin is summoned to the castle. She comes not to kill the king, but to win her freedom. If she defeats twenty-three killers, thieves, and warriors in a competition, she is released from prison to serve as the king's champion. Her name is Celaena Sardothien. 

The Crown Prince will provoke her. The Captain of the Guard will protect her. But something evil dwells in the castle of glass--and it's there to kill. When her competitors start dying one by one, Celaena's fight for freedom becomes a fight for survival, and a desperate quest to root out the evil before it destroys her world.


My Review:

Boy, did I love this book. I had been waiting to get my hands on this book since the beginning of January and I finally had enough to buy this as well as other books this past month. I heard about this book on Tumblr ( I guess you can say that's where I meet a lot of my favorite books). First I saw the beautiful fan art (which contained spoilers, but oh well) and then I started seeing quotes. If anything, the quotes are what got me intrigued. And aren't I glad for them.
"Courage of the heart is very rare. Let it guide you."
Sarah J. Maas puts you in a whole different universe. Her story is descriptive and entertaining to where you understand everything that's going on. You feel like you are every character that is being spoken to or spoken about. you are in the story and there's no way of leaving this tale until you finish the book.
"She'd survived Endovier, and yet could still laugh."
The characters are amazing to say the least. The bickering and tension between these characters will make you laugh insanely loud, squeal, clutch your heart, gasp for breath. Honestly, it's like being on a roller coaster that you don't ever want to end. 
"You could rattle the stars. You could do anything if you dared And deep down, you know it too. And that's what scares you."
But unfortunately it does and you're left in a stupor. And if you're like me you were stupid to have not bought the second book when you ordered the first one.  (DANG IT VANGIE!) Now I'm scrounging around for money.
"There are many things history has forgotten about me."

Just go read this book because it will blow your mind. You might regret the mindblowing part but you won't regret reading this story.


With more books to be read,
Vangie

Romans 12:2

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}