Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 0 Comments A + a -



"I'm worried that feelings are the one thing in our lives that we have absolutely no control over."


Title: Maybe Someday

Author: Colleen Hoover

Published Date: March 18th 2014

My Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Summary
At twenty-two years old, aspiring musician Sydney Blake has a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her good friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter cheating on her with Tori—and she is left trying to decide what to do next.

Sydney becomes captivated by her mysterious neighbor, Ridge Lawson. She can’t take her eyes off him or stop listening to the daily guitar playing he does out on his balcony. She can feel the harmony and vibrations in his music. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either: He seems to have finally found his muse. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one…

My Review:
"Welcome to the weirdest place you'll ever live."
Wow. It seems like every author is shocking me with their amazing works, and this one isn't to be excluded.
"I know how nerve-wrecking it is to send someone a piece of yourself and then have to sit back and wait for it to be judged."
The way Colleen crafted her words was like Niagara Falls, flowing freely but you're left down at the bottom being killed. The words move effortlessly like an angel with perfect wings but the angel ends up giving you a sucker punch, and you can't help but want take another. THAT is what she leaves you with.
"It's not so easy when you're trying to win a war against the heart."
The music is adorably, heartbreakingly, beautiful. I, like many other fans of Colleen Hoover's books, pre-ordered the soundtrack. Just listening to those songs I knew this story was going to be a heartwrencher. Heavy emotions could be felt through the songs and KNOWING that there's a story of epic proportions I was left breathless. 
"We try so hard to hide everything we're really feeling from those who probably need to know our true feelings the most."
Now add Colleen's words and Griffin's lyrics, you have a masterpiece, and that's putting it lightly. The background for each song makes the heart break a million times over! The situations the characters are put in are tear jerkers, gut wrenchers, and rarely, but there are times, happy. And even though these mesh of words and lyrics crash into your heart and kill you, the story is so intriguing that there's no argument about whether to continue on or not. 
"The heart does whatever the hell it wants to do."
I usually go into character analysis here, but I don't want to go on gushing about one character and feel like I'm neglecting the others and also spoilers because once I start I will never be able to stop and you'll be left with a twenty page essay. Just know that I absolutely love each character and my love for Ridge is beyond the universe.
"Words can sometimes have a far greater effect on a heart than a kiss."
Go grab this book if you haven't already. And if you're contemplating whether to read it know or hold off on it, don't. Read it right away and come and talk to be so we can fangirl about this book together.

With more books to be read
-Vangie

Romans 2:11

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}