Ultimate Book Tag

Monday, September 29, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

I was tagged by Ashley over at Books By Migs to fill out the Ultimate Book Tag questionnaire.

I tag Maf over at Maf's Crazy Book Life and any one else who'd like to do this
And so it begins!

1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Nope! I thank the Lord I don't. Before I started driving that was when I'd get a lot of my reading done.


2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I'd have to say Tahereh Mafi writing is different. I wouldn't say that it is unique because I've seen it done before but it worked best with her characters and the story line with her Shatter Me trilogy.  


3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Uh... I have to say Twilight though I'm pretty sure if I read Harry Potter I would've chosen that one. (Yea haven't read Harry Potter, don't plan to either). Though if you were to ask between the Percy Jackson Series or Twilight I would screamed a war cry for PJO.


4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
It's not a book bag per se. It's big enough to hold my books, wallet, and my yarn and crochet hooks.


5. Do you smell your books?
Right before I go to sleep.


6. Books with or without little illustrations?
 I don't mind. A book is awesome with or without.


7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
I don't really compare books since each book is different. But I will say that I greatly enjoyed Twilight. Is it worthy of a reread? Nah.

8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
 I know If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by heart.


9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli.


10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
 It's a tie between Heir of Fire and City of Heavenly Fire.


11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Heck no. I suck at creativity.


12. When did you get into reading?
In middle school when it was mandatory that we had to read a book every two weeks.


13. What is your favorite classic book?
 Not that into classic, though I will say that I'm really enjoying Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.


14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Heck to the no. It was one of my worse subjects. I will say I'm pretty good in math and sciences though.


15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
 People don't often give me books so I would gladly take it.


16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
 Similar as in as awesome? Hmmm. That would probably the Elemental series by Brigid Kemmerer.


17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
 I switch from talking about the book to talking to the characters a lot. But I wouldn't necessarily call it a bad habit.


18. What is your favorite word?
Shucks and Fudge. 


19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
 I'm a dork and a nerd and proud of it.


20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
 Fairies because magic is pretty awesome.


21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
 Angels. Because badass-ness and heavenliness.


22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves. Team Jacob. 


23. Zombies or Vampires?
 Zombies. Walking Dead has taken over my life.


24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love
 Forbidden love all the way.


25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
 Action-packed with a few love scenes or maybe a lot of love scenes.


AND DONE! Your turn guys!
-Vangie

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}