Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

"You have power in you. More power than you realize."
Title: Crown of Midnight

Author: Sarah J. Maas

Published Date: August 27th 2014

Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Summary:
After a year of hard labor in the Salt Mines of Endovier, eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has won the king's contest to become the new royal assassin. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown – a secret she hides from even her most intimate confidantes.Keeping up the deadly charade—while pretending to do the king's bidding—will test her in frightening new ways, especially when she's given a task that could jeopardize everything she's come to care for. And there are far more dangerous forces gathering on the horizon -- forces that threaten to destroy her entire world, and will surely force Celaena to make a choice. Where do the assassin’s loyalties lie, and who is she willing to fight for?

Add to Goodreads

 
Review:
"Perhaps the world would never be perfect, perhaps somethings would never be right, but maybe she stood a chance of finding her own sort of peace and freedom."
HOLY MOTHER OF ALL SHUCKS. Sarah has done it again. She riped my heart open and did surgery on it without giving me anesthesia, but it was the best pain ever.
"The king sent me to kill you."
This story is one heck of a roller coaster. Seriously, one moment you're having the time of you're life and having a blast and not even ten seconds later Sarah swoops and and kills your joy. But she is the best mood killer in the world.
"He'd loved her enough to risk everything - to give up everything."
The setting is still as riveting as the first book and as the novellas. You are so engrossed in the stroy you have no idea of what going on around you. (Trust me, I walked into a wall because of this beauty. And I'm a pretty decent walker/reader so it's a rarity when this happens.) The character. OH GOSH THE CHARACTERS ARE SO MADDENINGLY, BEAUTIFUL AND CRAZY. You won't ever get enough of them.
"The best lies were always mixed with truth." 
I don't know what to tell y'all other than to pick up Throne of Glass, if you haven't already, and jump into this series. However, be ready for some serious pain. Be prepared to have some tissues and comfort food on the side. You're gonna need it like no one's business.
"Done running from fate at last?"

Patiently waiting for Heir of Fire because I'm not ready to die
-Vangie 

Romans 10:21

P.S. That ending. FUDGE AND FUDGING NUGGETS that glorious ending! Let's just say that I am astronomically fearful of Heir of Fire. Oh and since I finished this book i have been obsessed with all the fanart. I swear, I can spend hours looking at this series' fanart.

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}