Nash by Jay Crownover

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

"He walked away with a wink... and I had a crush."

Title: Nash

Author: Jay Crownover

Published Date: April 29th 2014

My Rating: FIVE GOLDEN STARS

Summary: 
Saint Ford has worked hard to achieve her childhood dream of becoming of nurse. Focused on her work and devoted to her patients, there’s no room for love. She doesn’t need a guy making waves in her calm, serene life—especially when he’s the unforgettable hottie who nearly destroyed her in high school. Dark, brooding Nash Donovan might not remember her or the terrible pain he caused. But he turned her world upside down . . . and now he’s trying to do it again.
Saint has no idea that Nash isn’t the cocky player he once was. Uncovering a devastating family secret has rocked his world, and now he’s struggling to figure out his future. He can’t be distracted by the pretty nurse he seems to meet everywhere. Still, he can’t ignore the sparks that fly between them—or how she seems so desperate to get away from him. But the funny, sweet, and drop-dead gorgeous Saint is far too amazing to give up on—especially since she’s the only thing in his life that seems to make sense.
When Nash discovers the truth about their past, he realizes he may have lost her heart before he could even fight for it. Now, Saint has to decide: is Nash worth risking herself for all over again?

My Review:
"...something about him and me in the same room and I turned into an unpredictable mess."
I loved Nash on occasion while reading the other books in the Marked Men series. But WOAH, I wasn't expecting to love him this much, let alone someone I just met like Saint.
"You deserve someone who worships you, who looks at you and knows no one is more perfect than you." 
The whole Marked Men series is a freaking adventure and there was no difference here. But here the journey was very mental one. Self-esteem and insecurity played a major role in this particular book, and I want to say that's why I loved it so much. Also, the situations that are going on are scenarios that happen in real life that bring on very very strong emotions. 
"It started out a little rough, got bad, had a high point, and then ended with a whimper."
Some author can state the problem, but very few can write the emotions that go along with them. Jay Crownover is among the few. Saint's insecurities are no joke. I know how she feels because i've been through them myself. It didn't take days or months for me to get over them, heck, I'm still not over them, but I've gotten over the majority of people's view of me. And that how I knew Saint would grow accustomed to the idea that she is perfect and beautiful,  both in her younger days and in her present. 
"Love isn't something you can negotiate, Nash. When it happens, it becomes everything."
Oh my buddy Nash. You are just full of adorableness even when you're trashed and you have those beautiful tattoos across your body. (I have nothing against tattoos; actually I love them.) 
Nash's pain in this book was spot on. I was a little skeptic on how Nash was going to act when we left off with Rome's book, but boy, am I glad I got over that. Nash is so freaking human, you forget you're reading about a FICTIONAL character and think you're talking to a friend (a very gorgeous one at that). The emotions and thoughts are real, and I know because I've been through them too! (You probably think my life is a soap opera now. HA!)
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to attack you with my mouth."
But that's the thing with this book. It's relatable on so many level and inspiring on others. 
"Welcome aboard. The crazy train is always looking for new passengers."

With more books to be read
-Vangie

Psalm 139:14

P.S. Once again a book has reinforced my thoughts about getting a tattoo. 

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}