Knowing the Score

Thursday, January 15, 2015 0 Comments A + a -

I meet Lia Riley in person this past year at RWA in San Antonio. Being the awesome person/author that she is, she introduced me to so many authors, Kat Latham being one of them.
At RWA, I meet all these authors I wouldn't have otherwise meet and heard about their books. GUYS.... All the books I heard about I pretty much bought because I knew I would love them, for example Knowing the Score.

If you haven't already figured it out by now, I LOVE sports romance, seriously. I have it in my head that one day, despite my blubbery self, an athletic guy will fall in love with me and I don't care what sports he plays because I love all of them; I may not know all the rules about the particular sport but that doesn't stop me. So hopefully you get the point, which is to recommend me all the sports romance you like.

Back to the review... If you couldn't tell from the cover, Knowing the Score is a sports romance that involves rugby (which I have seen and love and yet know nothing about). Upon reading the prologue and the first chapter, I was thrust into this world Kat Latham set.

Prologue first thoughts: Wait. What?
First chapter thoughts: *Deep breath* oh my gosh I love her already.
I immediately fell in love with Caitlyn. I mean, really, what's not to love. She freaking saves lives. And then there's Spencer, holy heck. I now love rugby guys... seriously guys you don't understand, watch a youtube video of this sport. Anyways, Spencer and Caitlyn are amazeballs together. Their attraction was just right and awkward and funny that I knew they were perfect. They got out of their comfort zone for each other to help each other. But like every couple they had their secrets.
It's never really a good time to reveal something and that's was something Spencer and Caitlyn had to deal with. As they were getting comfortable with each other, their past transgressions were being revealed and saying that it was unsettling is an understatement. But I had to remember that I was also in the dark about why a particular character is acting a certain way. They way Kat set everything was phenomenal. She left me hooked, wanting to know why a character talked or acted a certain way. She'd give hints but kept me still out of the loop. And then when all was told, I was left dumbstruck.

I really don't know what to say other than read this book. If not for the characters than for the rugby. But I'm warning you, you're not going to want to stop reading once you start.


With the rest of this series to read
-Vangie
1 Peter 4:8
P.S. 4/5 Stars

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}