All About You by Joanna Mazurkiewicz

Friday, August 08, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

Title: All About You

Author:

Published Date: March 7th 2014

Rating: 3 Stars
 
Synopsis:
I start hating Oliver just after his older brother Christian’s death. I drag him down a road of humiliation and pain to try to cope with what his brother did to me.
A few months after Christian’s passing, Oliver leaves town, and for the next two years, he is absent from my life. The demons claw their way back in, and I must learn to live with the secret that has destroyed me.
Now I’m starting a new life, away from Gargle and away from my past, but everything crashes when I see Oliver the first day at university. It’s clear that many things have changed since we’ve been apart. Now he is captain of the rugby team and the most popular bloke on campus.
Then he makes a bet and gives me an ultimatum: I leave Braxton forever and start somewhere else, or I stay and play his game… because he’s never forgotten that it was me who ruined his life two years ago.

Review:
Know this before what I write words down that might come off as harsh, in all honesty I liked and enjoyed this book very much.
Okay, now that that is off my chest. Lets start wit India. Girl, make up your mind. There were so many times where your problems could've been resolved but your conflicting thoughts got the best of you! There were times were I just want to give you a long stern talk on what actions you were taking. Don't get me wrong, I liked how strong you were against Oliver in the present time but could you really have been so naive GAAAH. And the things is that your actions or your decesions DO happen in real life. I can see people doing them in real life and it made me so frustrated that this is how we seem. So you were a slap in the face (my face at least). Speaking of which, I don't know how you went through what you did and keep it all to yourself without going looney. Either you're stronger than A LOT of other people or you were that insecure about your self thinking no one would believe you and care for you. All in all, you were confusing, but I have to say that your story had me intrigued beyond imagination.
Oliver. For some reason I freaking love you and admire you so darn much. I'm pretty sure other readers will be saying different things about you, but honestly I adored your character. I'm so glad you didn't back down from what you had set, you kept to your word. So there really is no reason to hate you, you were the most reliable character in this book.
Now, if you can bear most of India's thoughts process, this stroy is actually really intriguing. I found myself questioning why I was reading this story whenever an absurd event happen. The answer: I REALLY wanted to know how this would play out, and I'm so glad I did. I have to say, the ending redeems the whole book.  
 

With more books to be read
-Vangie
Ephesians 5:1-2

*whispers* Hey guys. There's a ***GIVEAWAY***!

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}