Hard Knox by Nicole Williams

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

Title: Hard Knox

Author: Nicole Williams

Published Date: August 12th 2014

Rating: 4/5 Stars

Synopsis: Knox Jagger. The name inspires resent in every male at Sinclair University, want in every female, and contempt in Charlie Chase.
Charlie can be summed up in three words: independent, independent, and independent. To Charlie, Knox epitomizes everything that’s wrong with college males: prolific one-night stands, drunken senseless fights, and a body that hints at prioritizing gym time over study time.
As an up-and-coming writer for Sinclair University’s newspaper, Charlie’s tasked with getting to the bottom of who’s been dropping little white pills into girls’ drinks at parties. In an ocean of All-American boys sporting polo shirts and innocent smiles, Knox is the obvious suspect. As evidence piles up against the bad boy of Sinclair, Charlie becomes more and more certain it isn’t Knox. But when her drink is dosed at a party and she wakes up on Knox’s couch the next morning, Charlie’s left with more questions than answers when it comes to Knox Jagger.
How can Charlie ever hope to uncover the truth behind a guy so closed off he’s become . . .
Hard Knox.

Hard Knox is deep. It questions what you're doing, how you're going about life, how you're living. Hard Knox is insightful. Grab it and don't let go of the handles because it a wild ride.
I have no idea what's in store for Damaged Good, but I'm expecting another curve ball just as powerful as Hard Knox if not more.

Review:

I was not expecting to love this book as much as I did. I was riveted with this story.
Hard Knox, was not was I expecting but everything that I wanted. I am a huge sucker for mysteries, and I was beyond happy when this turned out to be like one. Who's the one to blame? Who's the culprit? Who is he? 
The main mystery's answer is easy to figure out, but what wasn't easy to figure out was the mystery surrounding Knox.
Knox was something else. I thought he'd be the guy that doesn't give a shit and just bad to the bone, yet devilishly handsome that he's irresistible. He was, for the most part. I thought Hard Knox was going to be Charlie's story about conquering the unconquerable Knox, but really it's Knox story of revenge & redemption. This book threw me a curve ball.
Charlie is not your average gal. She's tough even in the face of danger. How she went through the events in this book and still stood tall is beyond me. She knows what could happen but she doesn't let that faze her from reaching her goal. If we all had that determination, the universe would fear us.

Waiting (im)patiently for Damaged Goods
-Vangie

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}