ARC August Week 1 Reviews!

Monday, August 11, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

So if you were here last week, I told y'all what I'd be reading the first week of August for this challenge. 
The books were Before You by Amber Hart, More Than Music by Elizabeth Briggs, and Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater.
Since my time is cut short due to cramming for school and the fact that I have a big goal to reach for this month, the reviews will be shorter than what they usually are and they'll all be on one post. BUT NEVERTHELESS! These reviews will portray what I thought of the books as a whole.
So here are the reviews of this past week's ARCs!


Before You by Amber Hart
Rating: 3.5/5 Stars
Add to Goodreads!
Review:
I greatly enjoyed this book. It reminded me a lot of one of my favorite books, so I knew I would like it, without a doubt. And I did. BUT WOAH I was not expecting what unfolded. I was going with the flow through this book, nothing really caught my attention when it came to the heroine, except for her best friend, who I adore. (I'm really excited she's getting her own book). Don't get me wrong, I related with Faith on a certain degree but I will say at least every reader will find one aspect of her where they relate. Now Diego. I found myself wanting to know more about his story. This book was dual perspective, but I wanted it so much to be written in Diego's. Though if my wish were to fulfilled, this book would be lacking because Faith's story holds just as much impact as Diego's. Overall, readers will definitely enjoy this story. ESPECIALLY THE SECOND HALF. Oh lord, I needed a dumpster sized container to contain all my feels though the second half of Before You.

More Than Music by Elizabeth Briggs
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Add to Goodreads!
Review:
I liked this book way more than I thought I would. WAY more than I thought I would. I'm a little iffy about books I get through NetGalley, the majority of the time so I was expecting the same result with this one. I loved to be proven wrong. We are introduced into this world that is a mixed between American Idol and The Voice. More Than Music it's entertaining and drama-filled and I loved every single minute of it! I felt so happy reading this book. I don't know how to explain it, but I was imagining myself as Maddie and Jared as a band member that I'm currently in love with *cough* Calum *cough* and it made my dream/ day dream plausible, and that made me giddy. When books make you feel that giddiness there's no way you can turn it down. Also, I love Elizabeth Briggs taste in music.

 Sinner by Maggie Stiefvater
Rating: 4.5/ 5 Stars
Add to Goodreads!
Review:
I didn't know what I was expecting when I heard about this book. I vaguely remembered the Wolf of Mercy Falls trilogy but I knew that I loved Cole from that series. So when I heard about Cole's book, you can bet I was excited.This really is a standalone in the sense that the previous main characters aren't mentioned a whole lot though they are still there.
Reading Sinner, I felt nostalgia both for the Shiver trilogy and another book not relevant to this story, The Catcher in the Rye. The emotions that went through me when I read Catcher in the Rye were exactly the same while I was reading Sinner. Now for those that haven't read Catcher, the main emotions I felt were lost and confusion and those were the same in Sinner. Now don't get me wrong, it's not because that I didn't remember the Shiver trilgoy but because Cole was everywhere at once. I felt nostalgia for the Shiver trilogy because of the writing. GAH the writing was what kept me captivated, as well as the characters' story lines. All in all, I really liked this book, and I realized just how much I missed this world Maggie made.

-Vangie
James 5:16

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}