ARC August Week 3 Reviews!

Monday, August 25, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

HEYO GUYS! Here are my reviews for the THIRD WEEK of ARC August! This past week I read Dare to Kiss by S.B. Alexander and As Long As You Love Me by Ann Aguirre. I know I said I'd read two books this past week but I was approved midweek for Still Yours by Amy Patrick so I'll be reviewing that one as well. Let the review begin!


Dare to Kiss by S.B. Alexander
Add to Goodreads
4/5 Stars
First: Why did I request this book? Baseball. I am a huge sucker for baseball, and so when I saw the cover I knew I needed to read this. So I requested it without peaking at the synopsis. Instantly, I was approved and I was shocked. I was never approved that quickly; I thought that it was a sign that I NEEDED to read this. And so I listened to the sign. I read it... and loved it. I didn't know what the storyline was since I still didn't read the synopsis; I knew nothing besides the fact that it involved baseball in some way.
The Maxwell brothers are something. Boy are they something. Their connection is visible. It's stated how close they are but we get to SEE how close knit of a group they really are. They'd do anything for each other and everyone that is close to them.
Lacey is a force to be reckoned with too. She has her problems that add fear to her and to us readers. This journey is hers and we're lucky enough along with the Maxwell brothers and Lacey's friends to see her bloom into herself. I'm a little iffy about the second book continuing on Lacey's and Kade's story, but S.B. Alexander will do their story justice. (I'm just really hoping the other Maxwell brothers get their story).
    

As Long As You Love Me by Ann Aguirre
Add to Goodreads
4/5 Stars
I loved it. I loved As Long As You Love Me SO DANG MUCH. Before I even started I was on the boat that thought it wasn't going to like this story; I liked I Want It That Way but I didn't love it, I thought the same would occur with this one. WRONG. I WAS SO WRONG. As soon as I started this one I was in love. Both Lauren and Rob are vulnerable; I didn't realize how vulnerable they are until I got into Lauren's head in this book. I saw how they thought they needed other people's approval to be accepted. I didn't think two vulnerable people could make it work, but they did. They used each others strengths to build the other person up. What I absolutely loved about this story was Lauren and Rob's relationship. From the outside you'd see the average couple, Rob being the male and Lauren being the female (if that makes sense). But a closer look in their private lives, Lauren acts like the male while Rob's the female, in a sense. Lauren takes control of the situation and tries to fix it. It's not the average relationship; As Long As You Love Me sheds light on different scenario on how a relationship works. Guys... As Long As You Love me is a fantastic, quick, swoon worthy read. Once you pick it up you won't be able to put it down. 


Still Yours by Amy Patrick
Add to Goodreads
4/5 Stars 
The first chapter hooked me. I was invested in Mara and Reid's story. I wanted to know EVERYTHING about this couple. I don't know what to say other than the fact that I absolutely adored this book from Mara to the freaking Princess Bride references. I greatly enjoyed Still Yours and I can't say that enough. I had the hugest grin on my face throughout the whole book except for one part where I was FREAKING OUT like crazy but that was because I was really into this book and these characters were too dang stubborn for their own good. I'm telling you GET THIS BOOK when it's available, you won't regret it. AND THEN come talk to me once you've read it; I will be happy to fangirl with you over this book.


And those are the amazing books I read this week
-Vangie
Psalm 33:4-5
P.S. Because of school, I will not be able to complete the last week of the challenge. Sorry guys.

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}