All Lined Up by Cora Carmack

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

"Why does no one get that it's impossible to have a fresh start when nothing has really changed?" 
Title: All Lined Up

Author: Cora Carmack

Published Date: May 13th 2014

Rating: FIVE GOLDEN STARS

Summary:
Dallas Cole loathes football. That's what happens when you spend your whole childhood coming in second to a sport. College is her time to step out of the bleachers, and put the playing field (and the players) in her past.
But life doesn't always go as planned. As if going to the same college as her football star ex wasn’t bad enough, her father, a Texas high school coaching phenom, has decided to make the jump to college ball… as the new head coach at Rusk University. Dallas finds herself in the shadows of her father and football all over again.
Carson McClain is determined to go from second-string quarterback to the starting line-up. He needs the scholarship and the future that football provides. But when a beautiful redhead literally falls into his life, his focus is more than tested. It's obliterated.
Dallas doesn't know Carson is on the team. Carson doesn't know that Dallas is his new coach's daughter.
And neither of them know how to walk away from the attraction they feel.
Add to Goodreads


Review: 
"I dance the way musicians play jazz, with improvisation and soul."
Boy oh boy was it fun to read this book. I can honestly say that it's been awhile since I had a really fun read. Thank you, Cora, for making me laugh my head off, blush like a maniac, and squeal for the littlest of things. There are some books that play out like a movie or a play in my head, I see plays mainly because of theatre, but it's very rare that I see plays and it's usually when the book knocks my socks off that I see a play. This was no exception. I saw a Broadway play when I read this book and I was riveted. 
 "Wrong place, wrong thought, wrong time."
Holy shucks, this book had me remembering Grease, the Cat in the Hat, Friday Night Lights, I even thought of an Imagine Dragons song, AND OH MY GOSH DOCTOR WHO. When I read that mention I literally gasped out loud, no lie. I'm telling you, I need someone like Dallas who will watch the show without argument (I'd be Carson, giddy that they are watching one of my favorite shows).
 "When people are desperate, it distorts their view of the world, of what's right and what's smart."
I thought I had this book mapped out, but I was totally wrong and it's because of Dallas and I'M SO GLAD FOR THAT. I freaking loved Dallas so much. (Honestly, she is probably one of my favorite NA heroines). Her thoughts are the typical thought BUT HER ACTIONS. I'd think she'd act one way based on what other NA characters do in a particular situation, and I'm floored when she does something that's out of the NA norm. And once again I'm glad for it! She doesn't take anything out of proportion, well she does, but she uses rational thinking for the most part and doesn't do anyting rash like other characters might.
 "... sometimes mistakes bloom into the most colorful moments."
Carson. Holy mother of pearl, Carson is a keeper. If a guy loves Doctor Who marry him. I can't say enough praises about Carson. Everything about him was different than any male character I've read about. There's one scene (other than the Doctor Who one) where I literally fall in love with him. EVERYTHING Carson did was a curve ball, because IT WAS DIFFERENT!
 "I could spend a lifetime thinking about what-ifs, and that's all I would ever have..."
Every single side character was just as amazing as the the main. That's another thing that was different about this book. Every character, big or small and a significant part in this story.
 "It's a little cheesy, with some kind of techno sci-fi introduction music, but he seems excited about it."
I can't express myself enough through words, but let me just say that this is not your typical NA book. There's a different atmosphere surrounding it, and you can't help but take a deep breath and let it all in.
 "No Easy Days."

Waiting on another Cora Carmack book to release
-Vangie

1 Peter 5:7 

P.S. I really need and want a Carson in my life. Where can I find one? Oh and click here to see my All Lined Up inspired crochet project!

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}