City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

Thursday, June 19, 2014 0 Comments A + a -


Title: City of Heavenly Fire

Author: Cassandra Clare

Published Date: May 27th 2014

Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

Synopsis: Darkness has descended on the Shadowhunter world. Chaos and destruction overwhelm the Nephilim as Clary, Jace, Simon, and their friends band together to fight the greatest evil they have ever faced: Clary's own brother. Sebastian Morgenstern is on the move, systematically turning Shadowhunter against Shadowhunter. Bearing the Infernal Cup, he transforms Shadowhunters into creatures of nightmare, tearing apart families and lovers as the ranks of his Endarkened army swell. Nothing in this world can defeat Sebastian-but if they journey to the realm of demons, they just might have a chance... Lives will be lost, love sacrificed, and the whole world will change. Who will survive the explosive sixth and final installment of the Mortal Instruments series?

Review: Shucks man. I don't know what to say. Well, I guess I can say goodbye. Goodbye, The Mortal Instruments, you have been with me for the last seven years, and I can say that seeing you every year since then was filled with dread and happiness. Dread, well, because Cassandra really knows how to kill the spirit. Happiness, because I could see a few of my favorite characters embark on a new adventure almost every year. When I found out that there was going to be an installment after City of Glass, I was the happiest teenager that there could ever be. And each book that was released was awesome and dreadful, and emotional. Boy was this ride emotional. And what makes it the most emotional is that it's over. Guys, after seven years TMI is finally over. 

Yeah, I know there's TDA (The Dark Artifices) but they'll focus on different characters and not the ones I've grown up with. While reading TDA, I'd be living for every moment that I see the "original" characters. Don't git me wrong. I'm [insert F word] terrified of TDA. I know what the main plot is but goddang it the way Cassandra left it off in this book, is scaring me poopless.

My emotions toward this book were not as hectic as The Infernal Devices series. Last year, when I had Clockwork Princess in my hands, I will tell you that I cried, for many reasons. Receiving CoHF, I felt numb. I didn't cry, I just stared at the book knowing that it held the end. And boy did it hold it.

There were many points in this book that were predictable, but when isn't a book predictable. BUT there were points were I was shocked beyond recognition, and those were the moments that I was dreading because I KNEW THEY'D CAUSE PAIN. And I enjoyed it. The pain was worth it. There were question that were answered and some that were brought up because of the book that I hope will be answered in TDA or in some way TLH.

All in all, this book was great. It was a goodbye to these characters, as well as it was to us. And I will miss them, like no other.

Ave Atque Vale
-Vangie

Romans 13:10 

P.S. *I don't cuss but this needs to be out there* I AM NOT F*CKING READY FOR TDA. HOLY SHUCKS JULES WILL BE THE F8CKING DEATH OF ME. Again I'm sorry but gah i'm not even close to being ready. At least I have one year to prepare.  

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}