Rush Me by Allison Parr

Thursday, June 26, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

 "Even with the lows, there are all those highs. And isn't that better than a life of mediocrity."
Title: Rush Me

Author: Allison Parr

Publish Date: April 8th 2014

Rating: 3.5/5 Stars

Synopsis:
When post-grad Rachael Hamilton accidentally gate-crashes a pro-athlete party, she ends up face-to-face with Ryan Carter, the NFL's most beloved quarterback.
While most girls would be thrilled to meet the attractive young millionaire, Rachael would rather spend time with books than at sporting events, and she has more important things to worry about than romance. Like her parents pressuring her to leave her unpaid publishing internship for law school.
But when Ryan's rookie teammate attaches himself to Rachael, she ends up cohosting Friday-night dinners for half a dozen football players.
Over pancake brunches, charity galas and Alexander the Great, Rachael realizes all the judgments she'd made about Ryan are wrong. But how can a Midwestern Irish-Catholic jock with commitment problems and an artsy, gun-shy Jewish New Englander ever forge a partnership? Rachael must let down her barriers if she wants real love—even if that opens her up to pain that could send her back into her emotional shell forever.

Add to Goodreads
 
Review:
"This was awkward. Was I awkward, or the situation? Probably both."
 Rush Me is full of adorableness and such frustration! But I have to say the adorableness beats the frustration. Okay, I have to say the love of football was why Rush Me was recommended to me and thank goodness it was! But then I met EVA and just THEATRE... I loved it so much more. (I really do love theatre.)
 "It should be illegal for jackasses to be that gorgeous."
All the side characters were intriguing. I wanted to know more about their story (which is why I'm beyond glad that there are two other books in this series!) All the players are caring and inviting which in the beginning I thought was weird but really grew to love because it showed that these players cared about friends. Gah I just loved them.
"Fantastic. I was officially in lust with a guy I despised."
Ryan. Ryan, man, I loved him. Rachel, well her mind was a whirlwind that you couldn't help but laugh about. The banter when it didn't go to extremes was cute. Them together was cute!
 "You spend too much time in theatre-land."
The story was funny, endearing, and interesting. It was fast paced though it does take a certain interest to get into. But if you love the HEA romance then its a shoe in that you can get into this book.
"It was damn unfair, the things beautiful people could get away with. It made them dangerous."
Read it for it's adorable and quick.

Waiting to be reading a book
-Vangie
Romans 13:14



Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}