Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 0 Comments A + a -


"Blimey if I'd know what to do with out you."
Title: Better Off Friends

Author: Elizabeth Eulberg

Published Date: February 25th 2014

Rating: FIVE GOLDEN STARS

Synopsis:
For Macallan and Levi, it was friends at first sight. Everyone says guys and girls can't be just friends, but these two are. They hang out after school, share tons of inside jokes, their families are super close, and Levi even starts dating one of Macallan's friends. They are platonic and happy that way.

Eventually they realize they're best friends -- which wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep getting in each other's way. Guys won't ask Macallan out because they think she's with Levi, and Levi spends too much time joking around with Macallan, and maybe not enough time with his date. They can't help but wonder . . . are they more than friends or are they better off without making it even more complicated?


Add to Goodreads!
Review:
"I'd rather be cautious than assume that everything will just work out."
Holy mother of pearl was this book brilliant. It reminded me a lot of how me and my friend actually became best friends (given, she's a girl). From the very very beginning, I was scared. And from the beginning, I mean as I was reading the title.
"If I had one goal in life, it would be to make her laugh loudly every day."
"Better Off Friends" I mean come on, doesn't it sound a little doomsday? Well, it did to me and it scared me. You know how a photo is a 1k words, well that title was that for me. Questions kept going through my head, situations swimming menacingly like sharks. And I got that JUST FROM THE TITLE.
"It. Was. Brilliant."
You don't want to know how I felt actually reading the book. But know that it was 100x those thoughts and feelings. GAH THE FEELS. Every chapter was a volcano of feels. And because I am a masochist, I turned every page until I finished this book in one sitting. Do you know how long it's been since I've finished a book in ONE SITTING.....? MONTHS MONTHS I TELL YOU. And it was this painful, but not painful book that did it for me. I can't thank the "kick ass, beautiful, intelligent, and probably the next Natasha Romanoff", friend, Marifer from Maf's Crazy Book Life, who recommended me this book enough . I don't know where I'd be without her. Well I do... in a book slump cave.
"When you're comfortable with someone, you don't need to always fill the void with noise."
Levi and Macallan jumped out of the pages and it felt as if I was watching a play. (I see plays rather than movies in my head, mainly because I love theatre.) And when I see a play of a book in my head, I see a Broadway one. And boy was it the best one yet. Better Off Friends has everything one needs: friendship, comedy, cute boys, cute girls, relationships, real life situations, pain, joy, tears. Literally this book has everything, and it taste like one of Chick-fil-a's milkshakes, brilliant.
"All it really takes to fluster a guy is a simple kiss."
Levi. Levi. Levi. I will not lie. You had your moments where I wanted to kill you. You and Macallan had your moments but that's only because I cared about y'all. BUT GAH FRUSTRATION DOES NOT SUIT ME WELL. Everything would be all find and dandy and then OI! One of y'all would become insecure and chicken out and I understand why, but COME ON everyone sees it and y'all even see it! Just GAH dang it man. Blimey if I don't know. 
"It was time I stopped messing up and stepped up."
Macallan. Macallan. I know where you're coming from. And I only wished that I could  hug you and hold you tight because I knew exactly how you felt. Just know I loved you and your courage, though there were moments I wish there was more courage from you.
"You have to admit life is more interesting with a little drama."
You know you have a good book in your hands when it has you thinking about your life. And I couldn't help but remember what brought my best friend and me together: one particular book and Superwholock ( Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock). And I can honestly say that Levi and Macallan's relationship was real because me and my friend do exactly what they do all the time.
"Why did I fight something I wanted no, something I needed so badly."
If you're looking for realness, and something adorable grab this and hold on, it's a rocky ride. 

"But in truth home isn't necessarily where you sleep at night. It's where you feel like yourself. Where you don't have to pretend, where you can be just you."
With more painful books to read
-Vangie
Romans 5:8

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}