Pieces of Olivia by Melissa West

Thursday, July 10, 2014 0 Comments A + a -


Title: Pieces of Olivia

Author: Melissa West 

Publish Date: July 15th 2014

Rating: FIVE GOLDEN STARS

Synopsis: Hiding the scars of her past up her sleeves, Olivia transfers her enrollment from Columbia University to The College of Charleston, determined to pursue her own dreams for the first time in her life.

She intends to allow herself a bit of alone time to heal... that is, until she meets Preston.

Preston is best friends with her roommate, completely hot, and off-limits.  But the chemistry between them is instantaneous--and as the pair begins to spend more time with one another, their feelings for each other build into something undeniable, something powerful enough to heal Olivia's deepest scars.

Olivia tries to put her own past behind her and trust Preston, but she discovers that his past might be more present than she ever bargained for...


Add to Goodreads!

Review:
My reaction after reading this jewel: Holy Shucks, Super Maple Fudge.

And that's an understatement. I was able to request this book off of NetGalley. And usually when I do that the books I'm granted are "eh" and so I was expecting the same with this one. THANK THE LORD I took a chance and requested this book.

As soon as I read the first few lines I was hooked. From the start, I felt every emotion and was connected to a character that I had just meet, and I knew I was in for a ride.

First off let me start with the love of my life. Preston. Oh Lord. I don't think y'all understand how much I fell in love with him. Is it crazy that I have said prayers to God asking for a guy like him? Because I have, I'm not kidding. Preston, to me, quickly hit the top spot on my book boyfriend list mainly because he fishes. Lord knows I love a man who fishes. Besides fishing, everything about him was spot on what I want in a guy and it's painful how fictional he is but how REAL he could be. Man, I never felt this jealous of a fictional character. To have a guy love you with that kind of passion and do anything and everything he can to be be there for you is what dreams are made of. It's good to know at least books take part in those dreams. Believe me when I say that from now when I'm saying my prayers I'll be asking for a Preston Riggs in my life.

Now Kara and Rose. GAH (that is a sound of endearment). As soon as I was introduced to these amazing side characters I was invested in their lives. I loved everything about them from the way Kara was scattered brain and loveable to Rose knowing what needed to be done and standing firm and being the focal point that was needed. Usually when a book is loaded with side characters, the book seems to drag focusing too much on them than the main character, but that is absolutely not the case here. They all have a pivotal point in the Olivia's life, they emphasize her character rather than taking the spotlight for themselves.

Olivia. Where to start. 
Man, you're words left long lasting impressions on my heart. And they normally don't stay this long after finishing a book. You're words had meaning and deep, deep emotion. One to many times, I'd catch an escaped tear running away after reading your poems and letters. I felt everything from your wittiness (which had me bursting out loud) to your despair (which had me clutching my chest and grabbing Kleenexes). The struggles you went through and the redemption you had at the end is inspiring, and it goes to show the situations that can be conquered when we put our mind to it.

Everything about this book was mind-blowingly amazing. All the characters leech onto you (in a good way) and have their way with your heart. Pieces of Olivia goes from sorrow-filled to humor-filled to swooning and then back like crazy and you can't help but enjoy it. This is probably one of my favorite books this year. And hopefully y'all pick this book up as soon as it releases and we can talk about how dreamy Preston is and how awesome the characters are. 

Impatiently waiting for December
-Vangie
Romans 8:37

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}