Dearest Clementine by Lex Martin

Thursday, July 03, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

Title: Dearest Clementine

Author: Lex Martin

Published Date: May 25th 2014

Rating: FIVE GOLDEN STARS

Synopsis:
Twenty-year-old Clementine Avery doesn't mind being called bitchy and closed off. It's safe, and after being burned by her high school sweetheart and stalked by a professor her freshman year of college, safe sounds pretty damn good.

Her number one rule for survival? No dating. That is until she accidentally signs up for a romance writing class and needs material for her latest assignment. Sexy RA Gavin Murphy is more than happy to play the part of book boyfriend to help Clem find some inspiration, even if that means making out...in the name of research, of course.

As Gavin and Clem grow closer, they get entangled in the mystery surrounding a missing Boston University student, and Clem unwittingly becomes a possible target. Gavin tries to show Clem she can handle falling in love again, but she knows she has to be careful because her heart’s at stake…and maybe even her life.


Review:
So first off let me say that I was in a horrible mood (sick wise) and on a book and crochet funk (Which is why you haven't seen any updates). So I asked Twitter (whom I love) to recommended me a romance book that has comedy or at least had some funny moments. This one was the very first one recommended to me, later followed by 7 others (or more, I lost count). So I looked these babies up and read the synopsises (synopsi? oh, I don't know). The first synopsis I read was Dearest Clementine. Big mistake; every synopsis read after that couldn't compare. I was hooked by the SYNOPSIS, which rarely happens. Usually I'm interested by the synopsis but rarely am I HOOKED, and this one did that. So I bought the book and didn't regret one penny.

All the side characters were amazing. Jenna and Ryan are the most adorable couple, surrounded by trust ( I want a Ryan). Harper with her wise ways (I'm waiting to meet her beau). AND MY FAVORITE DANI. Mainly because of the Friends reference (YES I WAS FREAKING OUT OVER A FRIENDS REFERENCE) and her fabulous one liners. I wanted to get to know her better like we were getting to know Jenna and Harper but I was appeased when I found out that SHE HAS HER OWN STORY. So color me excited about that. boy, I liked Jax, like a lot. 1) He plays soccer, 2) which means he has some NICE legs, 3) He's a good brother even though some of his actions are dickish. 4) He's Clementine's twin so I'm pretty darn sure he f'n hot. Now Daren, I hated you very much, and yet somehow, in the last few chapters, you grew on me. I still feel weird about those feelings, but you play football so it's all good... for now.

So if you read the synopsis up above, you would have read that there is a mystery involved in this story. And a mystery there is. In all honesty, that was one of the things that drew me to this book. I love a good mystery, really, you've no idea how much I do. So yea, like mystery? Grab this one. 

Now let me just say this. You're not mainly focused on the mystery though it does have a big part in the plot. The mystery is fairly easy to solve in your own head, but it's more like you're reading for the journey of the characters rather than solving the actual mystery. (Side note: Kade. I adore you.) Warning... be prepared to be perpetually creeped out, by one particular person.

Okay. Now off those subject, I'm left with Gavin and Clementine. (Hmmmm. How to start???) Y'ALL ARE THE CUTEST THING EVEN WHEN ALL WEREN'T A THING. Holy shucks, they are full of hotgeous moments. (I need a boyfriend that'll help me with my writing, just putting it out there).

Gavin, you are the epitome of any book boyfriend out there. Yes, I just said that and now I should probably have a watch dog around me because fangirls are going to try to kill me for saying that, but I have no ragrets because it's true (Yes. I spelt that word right.)

Clementine. Dang girl, you are one tough cookie. And I understand why you've been one for a while. Heck anyone, would be given your circumstances. But the way you still went through life, even with all its difficulties, is inspiring. The fact that you grew in yourself and started trusting and opening up to others makes me happy. You're awesome and amazing and I love you, not the same love I have for Gavin but I love you. That's all I have to say to you.

So yea... If you can't tell, I love this book. LOVED it, and I'm so glad it was recommended to me. And now, if you're looking for something funny, cute, steamy, adorable, mysterious, and short, grab this book. (That description sounds like the perfect kind of boyfriend. Sorry ignore me.)
  
Rushing off to read Finding Dandelion and fall in love with Dani and Jax
-Vangie
Hebrews 10:23

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}