Delta: Retribution by Cristin Harper

Monday, July 28, 2014 0 Comments A + a -

Title: Delta: Retribution

Author: Cristin Harber

Publish Date: July 22nd 2014

Rating: 3.5 / 5stars

Synopsis:
Fallen Navy SEAL and Titan Group's Delta recruit Trace Reeves wants nothing more than a one-night stand to forget that his twin brother was killed-in-action. But when his one-time fling becomes his high value target, the lines blur between her rescue mission and saving himself.

Review: 
*ARC provided by publisher for honest review*

I greatly enjoyed this read. I don't know what I was expecting but it surely wasn't this.

I received an ARC and thought I might as well read it. Then I saw the # of pages and thought well this just might be really cheesy and the pacing would be off, but I still gave it a go. THANK GOODNESS I DID.

So even though there are about 200 pages in this book nothing is left out. You jump right it to the freezing pool, and you get used to it temperature, rather quickly. The way the characters and the whole story is set up is really interesting. And the pacing was impressive given the page limit. It just goes to show how really good writing has no boundaries.

Now, Trace. Holy hot dang. There were so many times where I just wanted to hug you and help you with your search. And GAH your stubbornness, I just wanted to knock some sense into you so that you could go on with you life with your Cinderella!

Marlena. Dang, if only I were half as smart as you. I have to give you props. There are not a lot of female's out there that do what you do, let alone in the engineering department (I'm one of the few). So with your story I could relate, not totally but I could, especially what Brian would say to you. I understood where you were coming from, because I come from a similar situation. You're an inspiration because you stood up for yourself and grabbed what you thought would benefit you. Not many people do that, they go for the easy route, but not you. I just loved everything about your character. Nothing but praise from here.

The chemistry between the two of them was such fluff. I loved it. They're meant for each other, but too stubborn to realize, which makes them a cuteness that is frustrating to no end. Their banter is witty and funny as heck.(I was living for those moments). And everything about them was HOT.
  
This story was so good. GAH I couldn't get enough of it! I want more! Thank goodness it's part of a series of standalones.

With more books to be read
-Vangie
Proverbs 16:9

P.S. sorry for the messiness that is this review. I tend to "talk" to the characters and after that my direction of focus is off. So yeah sorry about that.

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}