Finding Dandelion by Lex Martin

Friday, July 25, 2014 0 Comments A + a -


Title: Finding Dandelion

Author: Lex Martin

Publish Date: July 11th 2014

Rating: FIVE GOLDEN STARS

Synopsis: When soccer all-star Jax Avery collides with Dani Hart on his twenty-first birthday, their connection is instantaneous and explosive. For the first time in years, Jax isn’t interested in his usual hit-it and quit-it approach.

But Dani knows better. Allowing herself a night to be carefree and feel the intensity of their attraction won’t change anything when it comes to dealing with a player. So when Jax doesn’t recognize Dani the next time he sees her, it shouldn’t be a total shock. The fact that he’s her new roommate's brother? That’s a shock.

Dani doesn’t regret that night with Jax, just the need to lie about it. Since her roommate has made it clear what she thinks about her brother’s “type” of girl, the last thing Dani wants is to admit what happened.

Jax knows he’s walking a fine line on the soccer team. One more misstep and he’s off the roster, his plans to go pro be damned. Except he can’t seem to care. About anything… except for the one girl who keeps invading his dreams.

Despite Jax’s fuzzy memory of his hot hookup with his sister’s friend, he can’t stay away from her, even if it means breaking his own rules. But there are bigger forces at work–realities that can end Dani’s college career and lies that can tear them apart.

Jax realizes what he’s losing if Dani walks away, but will he sacrifice his future to be with her? And will she let him if he does?

Review
I was blown away by this book. Completely blown away. I had an idea of what I was going to get into BUT I DID NOT KNOW WHAT I WAS GOING TO GET INTO. Because holy shucks. I don't know what to say other than that I was amazed by this beauty.

To the people who have read Dearest Clementine: prepare your feels because Finding Dandelion is a whole other atmosphere. To the people who haven't read Dearest: be ready to enjoy this book like no other.

Yes this can be read as a stand alone, though I do suggest that you read Dearest Clementine first. The main reason being that you're introduced to these characters and kind of have an inkling of who they are, especially Jax. With Dani, in Dearest, you fall in love with her for her geekyness and funny one liners, but there's more to her.

Jax. The bad/good guy that everyone wants (especially me). Dang is he a pill, and a very big one at that (take that however way you want). His character motives are vague, but eventually become clear, and finally the missing piece turns up. You understand where he's coming from and you feel for him. Boy, do you feel for him. His problems are not rich boy problem, well they are, but you have to read his side. The main concept is that the problem has one foundation, and that's betrayal. And I know everyone has gone through that one way or another. That is what makes Jax 3D rather than 2D, what makes him relatable and a considered human rather than just a character in a book that's hot. 

Now Dani. I loved her from the very beginning. Her personality and character development was amazing. Now, the development wasn't subtle, it sort of whacks you in the face. But the thing is, in normal circumstances that would usually be considered as poor writing, but in this case, that doesn't apply here because the reason is very valid. But you're going to have to find that reason out for yourself. 

Holy shucks. Put these two in a room alone and be ready to be put into one of the nine pits of hell, because they are scorching hot with a little bit of cool every once in a while. The best thing about their relationship is probably the innocence and the hesitation, that probably doesn't make sense to some of you and if it doesn't you'll just have to read and see (I think that's like my third time doing that, sorry). 

I honestly can't stop raving over this book. I've told all my friends, some family members, I even recommended it to a person I met at the library. I can't spread the word fast enough. Trust me when I say, you don't want to miss out on this journey.

Impatiently waiting for Daren's book
-Vangie
Matthew 11:28

P.S. Only one problem in this book..... Where was Harper?

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}