Whisper to Me by Christina Lee

Friday, July 18, 2014 0 Comments A + a -


"Maybe there was that one person who could forever haunt you."
Title: Whisper to Me

Author: Christina Lee

Published Date: May 20th 2014

Rating: 4.5 / 5 Stars

Synopsis:
At college, Rachel has a reputation for being a sarcastic flirt with a thing for star athletes. No one at school knows that she'd had her heart ripped to shreds by her high school sweetheart, who'd driven them both off the side of the road on a borrowed motorcycle, and then abandoned her. No one knows the real Rachel Mattson--except one person...

Ever since he helped nurse his sister's feisty best friend back to health, pierced bass player Kai Nakos has been head over heels in love. But the supposed bad boy can't risk letting Rachel know the truth--especially now that the two of them are back in their hometown for the summer, together for the first time since the months following that fateful night. Never mind that Rachel's ex is back, groveling for her forgiveness.

Shaken by her ex's return, Rachel finds herself turning to the one guy she knows she can trust. Kai is willing to hide his feelings for her, just to have Rachel touch him again. After all, this is only a temporary fling. Until it becomes something more. But maybe it had been more all along...


Review:
"And after awhile hiding gets kind of... lonely."
What to say, what to say. Hmmmm. Give me a few minutes to process what I've just finished... 
"When you ask someone to be yours, you're talking about the rest of your freaking life."
A few more... 
"And just like that, it felt like old times. Like everything would be okay."
*Takes deep breath* Okay. I think I can write coherent thoughts now, but I'm apologizing now when this review turns out to be a jumbled mess. 
"Understand that you are essential to this world."
Now where to start. Rachel? Kai? Side characters? EVERYTHING??? Holy gosh I don't know! Those few minutes weren't enough, I don't think any amount of time will help me, let alone anyone who reads Whisper to Me.
"You can't stop love from happening."
Everything about this book leaves you at the very peak of the highest water-ride roller coaster on the hottest day of your existence (you're very high, hot and wet). No kidding. Seriously, if you have read the past two books in the Between Breaths series, you know Christina's relationships can be very hot. But holy heck, this is a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL.
"And beautiful bad boys always got the girls."
Aside from the steaminess that goes on, Rachel's and Kia's story are deep. We don't know much about Kai but if you've read the other two books, you do KNOW Rachel. Well, at least we thought we did. But the things is, we do know her. We know her character and how she acts and what she wants. However, her intentions are revealed and her passion is surfaced with this book being her story. We feel everything that's going on in her head, nothing is left to the imagination. And essentially, our relationship grows with her.
"I wanted to be her light, her release, her salvation."
And the same goes for Kai. Even though we just meet this hunk of a guy, his emotions are on his sleeve (I at least think so). He goes for what he wants full force, there really isn't anything stopping him. Even though he messes up a lot, his errors can be put down as human error (though not all of them can). We can't all strive to be perfect and Kai sets that example perfectly. Not because he isn't awesome, but because he does imperfect perfectly. And oh lord, the way he loves is something that I have never seen. He loves with a passion that is rarely seen in books.
"You'll find your passion too."
Now Rachel and Kai's relationship. Woah. I did not know how much passion could be inside a friendship. And what I noticed is that their friendship is one that should be sought after. They trusted each other wholly, no insecurities were between them, nothing was held back and they cared deeply for each other. Now that sounds like an awesome bf/gf relationship but the thing is THEY STARTED AS FRIENDS AND BECAME BEST FRIENDS and then things got complicated in the best way possible. Even though they felt everything that one could possible feel towards each other, they were friends from the start. That was their foundation and that's the best foundation that I've read so far.
"That's when I knew."
I can keep praising this book and telling y'all how much I loved this book and this series for hours (I'm so glad there's a fourth), but I won't because y'all need to experience this amazing series by y'allselves. I had the opportunity for this series to be recommended to me by an awesome friend, and now since I'd like to think we're friends too, I recommend it to y'all. Hopefully, we can praise it together when y'all are done.
"Live with me. Be with me. Never let me go."

Impatiently waiting for Promise Me This
-Vangie
Romans 16:19

Heyo! My name is Vangelina but call me Vangie. And welcome to my blog! You can stay if you want :}